Friday, June 19, 2009

Bacon and Chocolate

I have been a huge fan of Vosges chocolate since we lived in Chicago, where the company began and is based.  They make really high quality chocolates with interesting flavors.  When they first started in Chicago, they had a small boutique in Lincoln Park, just down the street from our apartment.  I would treat myself to one of the delicious and beautiful little truffles every time I was there on Armitage, window shopping and walking.  They have such a great design scheme, and truly innovative flavors; it really made an impression.

But, alas, I thought that I left that (and many other tasty treasures) in the windy city.  Then I found some Vosges chocolates the other day at Hubbell and Hudson.  I should have known that a company as cool as Vosges would be busy expanding in the intervening years since I last tasted their delicacies.  Of course, I bought a couple of bars to try the new flavors!

Last night, in my bath, I had a square of the red fire bar.  It is dark chocolate with chipotle chiles and cinnamon and was perfect to savor slowly.  

Today, after a delicious lunch of BLTs on fresh, homemade french bread with homemade garlic- saffron aioli, I thought that a piece of Mo's Bacon Bar would be the perfect little sweet.  Bacon and chocolate, how could you go wrong?  Salty, tangy, chocolaty and rich!  Perfect.  Welcome to Texas, Vosges!  I hope to see a lot of you.

Bacon + Chocolate - Mo's Bacon Bar - New

No comments:

Post a Comment