Monday, July 20, 2009

I have chosen

I love fruit! Really, I have yet to meet a type of fruit that I do not enjoy. (Though I have met many individual fruits that were no good). Apples, blueberries, mangoes, tomatoes, kiwi, honeydew, apricots - I love them all. And, in the summer, there are so many to choose from. I have been eating so much fruit that I fear I may be developing a musky odor (shout out to you know who!)

I love them all, but I have chosen my favorite. Ranier cherries. They are juicy, slightly tart, sweet and just the best fruit ever! Apparently, they were bred in a lab in the 50s and are a cross between Bing and Van cherries. They are super difficult to grow and since they’re a relatively new fruit and probably have a lower production, they can be as much as a dollar a cherry (says Wikipedia)! Their red and yellow skins are almost as pretty as they are delicious. Best fruit of the year.

Yum! My friend, E, picked some up for me from Sam's Club on Saturday and they are so fantastic. I can't stop eating them and will have to drive there myself tomorrow to get some more. I have not even considered baking with them because they are sheer perfection eaten over the sink. Yes, I wash them and pop them in my mouth. Cannot even wait to put them in a dish and use my cherry pitter. I just eat them and spit out that sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment