Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Love Amazon Prime

I shop online all of the time.  It saves me tons of money and, just as importantly, saves me tons of stress.  With a little research, you can find better prices for almost anything online than in stores and there are so many ways to get free shipping.  I will blog all about my favorite sites and strategies some other time.  But, as I am sure that I will be talking about what I bought from amazon on a frequent basis, I might as well post about it here in the beginning.  For many years, I thought of amazon as the place to go to buy books.  They have almost everything in print and they have tons of reviews.  Maybe I bought a movie from them here or there.  They had that nifty and thrifty "super saver" shipping if you bought a couple of books.

Well, man was I missing out.  Amazon has single handedly made my life so much better, so much easier, so much more pleasant and stress free.  Why?  Because of Amazon Prime.  For years they offered me a "trial period" and I declined.  Finally, a few months ago, I decided to try it out and I discovered that it is the BEST thing ever.  Yes, it costs $80/year.  But, it is the best $80 I have ever spent.  If I am deciding on an item, there are tons of reviews to help me make my decision. When I need something specific, all I have to do is go onto amazon and put it in my shopping cart.  I do not use amazon for browsing.  I use it for BUYING.  Then, when I am ready to check out (usually I do this every other day), they ship it to me with FREE two day shipping.  If I want it the next day, it is only $3.99/item.  Not only is shipping free, but the prices are usually the same if not better than you would find at your big box stores (i.e. Sam's Club).  Plus, no tax.

Running low on diapers?  Amazon.  Need my son's organic chocolate milk?  Amazon arranges for shipment every month.  An enormous kids' picnic table for a party this weekend?  $3.99 and the 60 pound box is at my house in less than 24 hours.  Nursing bras, strollers, birthday presents, spices, new Kitchen Aid mixer, vitamins, laundry detergent, water filters.  These are all things I have gotten from amazon in the last month.  I am telling you, you name it, they have it and can get it to you in two days.  No need to go to Sam's Club. No need to go to Walgreen's, no need to go to Babies R Us.  No need for dragging cranky kids all over.  For less money than I would have spent hopping around from store to store, my stuff comes to me.  How can I go wrong?  (There is even an iPhone application so that I can shop on the go.)  

I still buy my books from them.  And I will be doing so even more easily when I get my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment