Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fro-Yum

Yesterday I had to go run an errand in Houston and had a few extra minutes before I had to turn around and pick up my son at pre-school.  So, I decided to try the fro-yo at Berripop in Uptown Park.  I have never had the pleasure of trying Pinkberry in LA or New York, so was excited to try this cool, creamy treat here in Houston.  Berripop, like Pinkberry is made from real yogurt with probiotics.  Since I have lately been very into Fage Greek Yogurt and love the tart taste of it, the idea of having it in frozen form was very appealing.  Berripop did not disappoint.  I tried a few flavors but settled on mango with pineapples and strawberries on top.  It was delicious, sweet, tart and refreshing.

Last night MrRuckus and I were out for dinner and drinks at a new place on the waterway, here in The Woodlands and I said to him, "Berripop would do great here since there are no places to get simple 'treats' right here."  Then, I woke up this morning to find my daily Hungry Girl email was about fro-yo.  She was discussing the need to check nutritional information carefully and know the size you are getting.  So, I went onto the Berripop site out of curiosity and didn't find further nutritional information, but something even more exciting: they are coming to The Woodlands!  They have a location already on the waterway.  Yay!  Can't wait until they open.

No comments:

Post a Comment